24 HOUR DUI DEFENSE IN MARYLAND
CALL (410) 653-8866 FOR A FREE CONSULTATION!
Are you facing an arrest for driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs? You need to fight for the best possible result to your case and take action immediately. DUI cases are time sensitive and must be handled in a careful and strategic manner.
A LOOK AT MY CREDENTIALS
At Mark A. Epstein, Attorney at Law, I have extensive credentials that give me credibility in the field of DUI defense and allow me to represent my clients no matter how complex the case may be.
Some of my qualifications include:
- More than 25 years of experience
- Licensed to practice in Maryland
- Handled thousands of cases
- Frequently appears in courts throughout Maryland
- Hablamos Español
If you are interested in aggressive defense against a DUI charge, schedule a free case evaluation with my firm to get started. I can fight for your rights and help you achieve the outcome you need.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DUI CASE
- First-Offense DUI: In Maryland, a first-offense DUI can result in criminal and administrative penalties. Being charged with a first-offense DUI can result in having your license taken away and many other serious charges. Take this situation seriously and obtain the help you need. Even a first offense can negatively change your life.
- Second-Offense DUI: If you already have a DUI conviction on your record and are charged with a second offense, the penalties you face can substantially increase. To be subject to enhanced penalties for a subsequent DUI charge, the prior conviction must have occurred within the past five years.
- After a DUI Arrest: Learn what steps you should take if you have been charged with DUI. For instance, you should request a Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) hearing within 10 days so that your license is not revoked. You will want to be fully prepared to face every challenge in your case.
- Breath Tests: In Maryland, if you are pulled over and refuse to take a blood, breath, or urine test, you will have your license suspended based on the state’s implied consent law. The test is designed to determine your blood alcohol content.
- Field Sobriety Tests: If you are stopped based on the suspicion that you have been drinking and driving, a police officer will likely ask you to take a field sobriety test, such as the horizontal gaze nystagmus, walk-and-turn, or one-leg-stand test.
- MVA Hearings: If you are charged with DUI in Maryland, you will likely have your license taken away. In order to keep your license, you should pursue an MVA administrative hearing to present your case before the Maryland Office of Administrative Hearings. As your Baltimore DUI lawyer, I can represent you and fight for your driving privileges.
- Preparing for Court: When it comes to preparing for court after being charged with DUI, I can help you ensure that you are ready for whichever direction your case may take. Do not go unprepared; instead, obtain the assistance my firm offers. My firm can evaluate your arrest to determine whether the breath test and investigative procedures were valid.
- Probation Before Judgment: Probation before judgment means that the defendant is placed on probation before the judgment is entered. When this takes place, it means that you have not been convicted and may be able to file for an expungement upon successfully completing probation.